Obesity is one of today’s most blatantly visible, yet most neglected, public health problems
- Encourage a minimum of 60 minutes or more of moderate to vigorous physical activity: Lunchtime physical activity; Home play every day; Being active with friends and family, at home, school and in their communities; Promote awareness on how to be active in as many ways as possible
- Encourage a reduction in screen time of less than 2 hours a day (out of school hours)
- Promote awareness around how exercise makes our bodies work better
- Care about yourself: Positive thinking; Self worth; No bullying; Reduction in screen time: ‘Unplugging’ helps us to unwind and recharge our batteries
- Promote and raise awareness about Food being ‘fuel’: Importance of meals and snacks to develop healthy eating habits eg breakfast
- Promote and encourage consumption of water as first choice over other drinks – Water is #1
- Promote awarenss and encourage reduction of high energy/low nutrient foods, choose foods with little or no added sugar – too much sugar isn’t good for us
- To encourage and advocate for an increase in availability of healthy choices at school
- The ideal lunchbox: A variety of nutritious foods on a daily basis; An increase in fruit and vegetable consumption; Encourage consumption of unsaturated fats instead of saturated fats; Encourage consumption of ‘whole’ foods and less processed foods
- Promote awareness around Snacks vs Treats: Healthy snacks that help our bodies function better eg. high fibre, calcium rich, unsaturated fat, low sodium, little or no added sugar.
- Encourage and promote family interaction, communication and engagement
We are able to help schools with a wide range of programmes and activities that focus on good health and wellbeing encouraging healthy eating, physical activity and mind health.
Our children are our future and it’s our responsibility to ensure they reach their full potential and have a good start in life.
Our aim is to work with your school to develop a plan that meets the needs of students, teachers, parents and the wider school community. Programmes and activities are tailored to each school.
Contact us today and discuss how we can start working with you to make a difference in your school and community:
or you can phone 09 634 3593 or email email@example.com