Here is a delicious recipe to accompany a lovely cup of tea.
- ½ cup ground LSA (Linseed, sunflower seeds and almonds)
- ½ cup desiccated or shredded coconut
- ½ cup raw almonds roughly chopped
- 1 cup of dried figs chopped
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- Additional ½ cup of desiccated or shredded coconut for coating
Put LSA, coconut, almonds and figs into a bowl and mix together
Put the tahini, smooth peanut butter and honey into a saucepan and melt together over a low heat – without boiling or burning the mixture
Pour the liquid mix into the dry mix and combine with a spoon
Using your hand, take heaped teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls. Roll in coconut and place onto a piece of greaseproof paper on a plate or tray and pop into the fridge to chill for at least an hour. Makes 20-30.
- You can replace the almonds with any nuts of your choice
- You can replace the figs with cranberries, sultanas, raisins or chopped dates
- Store in the fridge to keep them fresh
Thanks to the fabulous team at Biba Hair Salon for all being awesome, love your work.
Grab a copy of Claire’s amazing 10-step guide to feeling fabulous every day – it’s FREE!
See Claire’s best-selling books, Lose Weight for Life and Feel Good for Life
For more ideas and inspiration, check out www.claireturnbull.co.nz and find Claire on Facebook
For one-on-one nutrition advice, visit Claire’s team of dietitians / nutritionists at Mission Nutrition