Crumble for breakfast?! Well yes!
This is not your average crumble – though to be fair. It’s a super healthy version, which is just so good, and it is so tasty you wouldn’t believe that it is so healthy!
- ¾ cup of low fat unsweetened yoghurt
- 1 apple washed and grated (skin on)
- 1 tbsp of rolled oats
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of ground flax seed or LSA
- 2-3 walnuts or almonds – chopped
Optional: 1 tsp of runny honey
Spoon the yoghurt into a bowl and place the grated apple on top
Sprinkle the oats, ground flax seed (or LSA) and cinnamon over the yoghurt and apple
Add the chopped nuts and optional drizzle of honey
Stir it all together or eat as it is – however you prefer!
- You can use grated pear instead of grated apple
- Try stewed apple or pear instead of grated
- Swap the oats for a tbsp. of pumpkin seeds
- LSA is ground linseed (flax seed), sunflower seed and almonds mixed together! You can find it in most supermarkets and health stores. Best to store it in the fridge
FABULOUS things about this recipe
It is made with unsweetened yoghurt which means you get all the goodness of protein without the added sugar. Make sure you look for a yoghurt with less than 0.5g fat/100g. There are some seriously high fat thick and creamy yoghurts on the market which are not an ideal everyday breakfast choice
Rolled oats – perfect to add to your breakfast and no cooking required. Packed with fibre which is great to keep things moving through, they make the breakfast more filling and also are helpful for those managing high cholesterol
Cinnamon – spices are all round winners to add flavour the healthy way
Walnuts and LSA – packed full of healthy fats, great for your heart as well as helpful for healthy skin, hair and nails.
Grab a copy of Claire’s amazing 10-step guide to feeling fabulous every day – it’s FREE!
See Claire’s best-selling books, Lose Weight for Life and Feel Good for Life
For more ideas and inspiration, check out www.claireturnbull.co.nz and find Claire on Facebook
For one-on-one nutrition advice, visit Claire’s team of dietitians / nutritionists at Mission Nutrition