Here is a nice yummy omelette ensuring you receive your daily Omega 3.
If you are looking for a way to get the goodness of green veggies, bags of protein and a dose of fabulous omega 3 I have it covered in this quick and easy recipe – perfect for breakfast, lunch or a light meal.
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 red onion – finely sliced
- 3 handfuls of leafy green veggies (spinach, silverbeet and baby kale are ideal)
- 100g smoked salmon or pastrami smoked salmon
- Handful of cherry tomatoes – sliced into halves
- 4 eggs – beaten with 1 tbsp water
In a medium non-stick pan heat the oil and add the red onion, soften over a low heat.
Add the green veggies into the pan, place over a lid and allow them to wilt and soften.
Add the beaten eggs and allow to cook through for 2-3 minutes.
Place the cherry tomatoes on top and slices of salmon (push them into the egg mixture a little).
Cook for 2-3 more minutes until egg starts to set.
Either flip the omelette to cook on the other side, or to keep it looking pretty – pop under a grill for a few minutes to go brown on top.
Serve with extra salad veggies ideally – yummy!
- If you want to make this for 1 person, just half the recipe, super easy!
- If tomatoes are really pricey where you shop, just add more greens and leave them out
Grab a copy of Claire’s amazing 10-step guide to feeling fabulous every day – it’s FREE!
See Claire’s best-selling books, Lose Weight for Life and Feel Good for Life
For more ideas and inspiration, check out www.claireturnbull.co.nz and find Claire on Facebook
For one-on-one nutrition advice, visit Claire’s team of dietitians / nutritionists at Mission Nutrition