This is a quick and easy breakfast or snack which you can enjoy any time of the day!
- 1/3 cup of oats
- 1/3 cup of low fat milk
- 1/3 cup of low fat unsweetened yoghurt
- ½ cup of frozen or fresh berries
- 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed or LSA
- 2 drops of vanilla extract
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, container with a sealable lid or a clean (and empty) jam jar. Leave to soak overnight in the fridge and enjoy in the morning. You can serve with extra yoghurt, a few chopped nuts, some seeds or even a teaspoon of a nut butter of your choice!
- Swap the berries for ½ a mashed banana and add a pinch of cinnamon and/or mixed spice
- Instead of the berries you can use a tablespoon of any chopped dried fruit that you like – sultanas, dates, figs and apricots all work well.
- Swap the ground flaxseed or LSA for 2 tsp of chia seeds or any seeds you like really!
Grab a copy of Claire’s amazing 10-step guide to feeling fabulous every day – it’s FREE!
See Claire’s best-selling books, Lose Weight for Life and Feel Good for Life
For more ideas and inspiration, check out www.claireturnbull.co.nz and find Claire on Facebook
For one-on-one nutrition advice, visit Claire’s team of dietitians / nutritionists at Mission Nutrition