Here is a delicious Prawn Salad that will accommodate your next BBQ or next meal!
Ingredients (Serve 4)
- Oil – Pump spray
- 500g Prawns (defrosted)
- 1 Red Capsicum – thinly sliced
- 1 yellow Capsicum – thinly sliced
- 6 inches of Cucumber – thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes cut into chunks
- 1 red onion – thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 crushed cloves garlic
Firstly make the dressing by mixing all ingredients together – place to on side.
Place the sliced capsicums, cucumber, spinach, tomatoes and onion in to a large bowl and mix together.
Next, heat a wok with a few pumps of spray oil.
Add prawns to the wok for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Put the prawns straight into the bowl of salad veggies.
Pour over the dressing and serve on a large platter.
Serve it up!
- You can serve with on its own or with brown rice or grainy bread
- You can make this with chicken or tofu instead of prawns
Nutritional Information per serve
kJ = 745 Carbs = 11g Protein = 28g Fat = 2g Fibre = 3g
Grab a copy of Claire’s amazing 10-step guide to feeling fabulous every day – it’s FREE!
See Claire’s best-selling books, Lose Weight for Life and Feel Good for Life
For more ideas and inspiration, check out www.claireturnbull.co.nz and find Claire on Facebook
For one-on-one nutrition advice, visit Claire’s team of dietitians / nutritionists at Mission Nutrition