One of the nutritionists from Mission Nutrition came up with this amazing soup recipe and I make it all the time!
- 5 large Carrots – peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 large Parsnips– peeled and roughly chopped
- ¼ large Pumpkin peeled and roughly chopped (approx 600g)
- 1 large kumara peeled and choppped (approx 400g)
- 1 large bunch of Spinach- thoroughly washed
- 4 tbsp of smooth peanut butter
- 8 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
Place all the vegetables apart from the spinach in a large pan and cover with the stock
Bring to the boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for approximately 40 minutes or until vegetables are very soft and starting to breaking up
Add the spinach and cook for another 5 minutes
Remove from the heat, add the peanut butter and blend. Yes, it does sound like an odd addition, but it is essential and tastes AMAZING!
Serve it up
- Add a dollop of natural yoghurt and a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley to serve
- This is a Low FODMAP soup which is great for those with Irritable Bowel syndrome.
- Ideally, use a homemade stock or if you use ready made, opt for a reduced salt variety
Grab a copy of Claire’s amazing 10-step guide to feeling fabulous every day – it’s FREE!
See Claire’s best-selling books, Lose Weight for Life and Feel Good for Life
For more ideas and inspiration, check out www.claireturnbull.co.nz and find Claire on Facebook
For one-on-one nutrition advice, visit Claire’s team of dietitians / nutritionists at Mission Nutrition